English French German Spain Italian Dutch RussianPortugueseJapaneseKoreanArabicChinese Simplified

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Comings and Goings

So I am coming up on the end of my Graduate career. Next semester will be a doosy. I am now involved with a team of individuals for a short animation project. I wrote the story and have been named project manager. The project is slated for completion in Spring of 2010 (almost a year after my graduation.)

I will also be designing and completing my Directed project which will be documented in this area as fully as possible. Without getting into to many details I will be creating a anatomically correct human face that (in all hopes) moves correctly as well displaying emotion, phonemes, and will cause reaction from an audience. It will be driven by CG muscles. It will not have any motion capture like many facial movement solutions these days.

I am currently experimenting with toolsets from many softwares but have already started leaning towards Maya 2008 + because of its specified tools. Autodesk Max is my #1 software but I am comfortable elsewhere as well.

I will post some tests with old geometry and simple tests as well very soon.

Until then, get your nose in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment